Legal structure and governance
CIC nanoGUNE was legally constituted as a private non-profit making association on February 28, 2006. The government structure of the center consists of:
The Board of Partners: It is the supreme organ of government. It comprises the totality of the partners and has a democratic run, in which the agreements are taken by voting and its decisions are binding for all the partners. Its main duties are:
- Approve and modify the statutes.
- Choose and revoke the members of the Steering Committee.
- Approve the budgets and settle the accounts.
- Approve the dissolution of the association and its confederation with others.
- Resolve disputes relating to the admission and lefts of partners.
The Steering Committee: It will consist of representatives of all or part of the partners. Its main duties are:
- Admit new partners.
- Approve and direct the proceedings programs.
- Name and revoke the Director.
- Write the annual memory of activities.
- Prepare budgets and settlings of the accounts for their approval by the Board of Partners.
The current members of the Steering Committee are:
- Chairman: Pedro Miguel Etxenike (DIPC).
- Vice-chairman: Joseba Jauregizar (Tecnalia).
- Secretary: Javier Rodriguez (IK4).
- Vocals: Iñaki Goirizelaia (UPV/EHU), Oscar Usetxi (Provincial Council of Gipuzkoa).
- Invited: Edorta Larrauri (Department of Industry, Innovation, Trade, and Tourism, Basque Government), and Pedro Luis Arias (Department of Education, Universities, and Research, Basque Government).
The partners of CIC nanoGUNE are:
Besides, nanoGUNE is supported by the Basque Government.