Summer School 2017: Surfaces and Interfaces
The summer school "Surfaces and Interfaces" will take place on 20-23 June 2017 in the framework of a European collaborative network of doctorate programs in Physics and Chemistry of Advanced Materials (PCAM), a European initial training network THINFACE, and the Summer Courses of the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU). The summer school will be held in a seaside palace in the scenic city of San Sebastian, Basque Country (Spain) and will welcome PhD students, post-docs, and all researchers interested in the field.
The program, based on tutorials and invited talks, will also include oral contributions and posters.
- 1 April 2017 - Registration deadline. Registration is required for orals and posters to be included in the program.
- Call for post-deadline abstracts is open.
- Advances in 2D Materials
Oliver Monti (University of Arizona, USA)
- Thin-Film Solar Cells
Frank Nüesch (EMPA, Switzerland)
- Photonics/Plasmonics in 2D Materials
Luis Martín-Moreno (Universidad Zaragoza, Spain)
- Core-level Spectroscopies
Franz Himpsel (University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA)
- Stefano Agnoli (Università degli Studi di Padova)
- Rainer Hillenbrand (CIC nanoGUNE, Spain)
- James O'Shea (University of Nottingham, UK)
- Talat Rahman (University of Central Florida, USA)
- Koen Vandewal (TU Dresden, Germany)
- Karin Zojer (Graz University of Technology, Austria)
- Jost Adam (Syddansk University, Denmark)
- David Egger (Regensburg University, Germany)
- Luca Floreano (Instituto Officina dei Materiali, Italy)
- Jose M. Pitarke (nanoGUNE and UPV/EHU)
- Shashank Harivyasi (Graz University of Technology, Graz)
- Mato Knez (nanoGUNE, San Sebastian)
- Morten Madsen (University of Southern Denmark, Sonderborg)
- Moritz Muller (Materials Physics Center, San Sebastian)
- Daniel Sánchez-Portal (Materials Physics Center, San Sebastian)
- Weike Wang (nanoGUNE, San Sebastian) Organizing Committee
- Julene Lure (nanoGUNE, San Sebastian)
- Itziar Otegui (nanoGUNE, San Sebastian)
- Katharina Rubahn Rubhan (University of Southern Denmark, Sønderborg)