The Nanomagnetism Group is conducting basic and applied world-class research in the field of magnetism in nanoscale structures. The group staff has a long-standing expertise and proven track record in fundamental and applied aspects of nanomagnetism, magnetic materials, and magnetic characterization, especially magneto-optical methods.
- Magnetic thin films and multilayers, their fabrication, magnetic characterization, and theoretical description.
- Magnetic nanostructure fabrication and characterization.
- Novel magnetic materials.
- Magnetization reversal phenomena, including magnetic recording.
- Magnetic phase transitions.
- Equilibrium and non-equilibrium properties of magnetic systems.
- Magneto-optics: generalized magneto-optical ellipsometry, magneto-optics from diffracted light, magneto-optical microscopy, magneto-optical spectroscopy.
- Magneto-plasmonics: synthesis of magneto-plasmonic metamaterials, their characterization and theoretical modeling.
- Application of magnetic nanostructures in devices for biology and medicine.