Welcome to CIC nanoGUNE Consolider, a newly established center in permanent pursuit of scientific excellence, with the mission and commitment to contributing to the competitive growth of the Basque Country, through the development of nanoscience and nanotechnology. ...
- Master Thesis at nanoGUNE
- PhD position in molecular electronics
- Summer Internships 2013
- Ph.D positions in single-molecule mechanobiology
- Postdoctoral Position in Nanoscale Organic Spin Devices
- 2 PhD Studentships in the area of Spin transport in two-dimensional materials
- Positions as Ikerbasque Research Fellows
- PhD position in Surface Physics
CIC nanoGUNE focuses its research activities on the following four major strategic areas:
- Physics of low-dimensional structures, nanostructures and nanoscale structured complex systems.
- Synthesis, assembling, and nanofabrication of nanomaterials (nanoparticles, nanotubes, thin films, nanocomposites) and nanostructured materials.
- Development of nanodevices and its impact on molecular electronics, spintronics, nanomagnetism, and nanophotonics.
- Biofunctional nanoparticles and nanobiotechnology.
The project CREATION OF A NEW R&D CENTER FOR THE COORDINATION, DEVELOPMENT, AND MANAGEMENT OF NANOSCIENCE RESEARCH IN THE BASQUE COUNTRY funded by the programme Consolider-Ingenio (MICINN), is aimed to contribute to the impulse and launch of a new Interdisciplinary Center for R&D (CIC nanoGUNE Consolider),...
The nanoBasque Strategy, led by the Basque Government, is an initiative designed to develop a new economy sector enabled by nanotechnology. It sees nanoscience and nanotechnology as instruments that can stimulate the transformation and diversification of the Basque business environment. The nanoBasque Strategy strives to boost Basque companies and research agents’ presence on international nanotechnology initiatives and markets.
Simune will contribute to solving technological problems saving both, time and costs.The service will be provided by nanoGUNE’s Theory group and will be initially focused towards energy and electronics. ...
Starting on 1 February, Dr. Raul Perez-Jimenez, coming from Columbia University (USA), has taken on his new responsabilities as Ikerbasque Research Professor and Leader of the Nanobiomechanics Group at nanoGUNE. ...
Semiconductor Science and Technology has selected Mato Knez’s review on Diffusion phenomena in Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) as a highlight of 2012. The magazine’s annual selection by the Editorial Board “represents the breadth and excellence of the work published in 2012. All articles were selected for their presentation of outstanding research, popularity with their online readership and high praise from referees”. ...
Nanotechnology highlights nanoGUNE’s Self-Assembly Group’s research as the “Publisher’s Pick”. A feature about the original paper has been published at the “Lab talk” section and an interview to José María Alonso has been included.
A team of CIC nanoGUNE researchers has participated in the development of a new technology that will enable the environmental impact to be minimized.
The work has been published in the prestigious journal Nature Materials. ...