Post-doctoral Researchers for MdM María de Maeztu 2020
The Nanoscience Cooperative Research Center CIC nanoGUNE, created with the mission of conducting world-class nanoscience research for the competitive growth of the Basque Country, member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance (BRTA), and recognized by the Spanish Research Agency as a "Maria de Maeztu" Excellence Unit (2022 - 2025), is currently looking for
to work each in one of the following interdisciplinary research topics:
- Molecular engineering of 2D Materials
- Novel graphene nanostructures
- Metal-surface functionalization by picosecond laser
- Graded magnetic thin films
- Spin pumping in 2D and topological materials
- Phononic strong coupling devices
- Atomic-scale study of optical excitations of collective states in 2D materials and their interplay with molecular phenomenology
- Lab on Tip
- Development of novel magnetic nanoparticles for single-cell manipulation by magnetic tweezers
- Magneto-ellipsometry for spintronic devices
- Enhancement of polymeric fibers
- Infrared nanoimaging (s-SNOM) for biological and biomedical applications
We offer an international and competitive environment, a state-of-the-art infrastructure, and the possibility to perform research at the highest level. Also, we promote teamwork in a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome all kinds of applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The positions are expected to start on 01/01/2022 and for a total length of up to 36 months (01/01/2022 - 31/12/2024). In the first instance, the contract will be funded by grant CEX2020-001038-M of the "Maria de Maeztu" 2020 call of the Spanish National Research Agency.
Candidates should apply by completing the form below and attaching the following documents (grouped in a single PDF file):
- A complete CV
- Cover letter
- Two reference contacts
The deadline for applications is 06/12/2021.
The selection process will be assessed by external evaluators.
(i) The deadline for applicatinos is 6 December 2021.
(ii) Applications that do not follow the instructions indicated above will not be further considered.
(iii) The selection process will be assessed by external evaluators
(iv) All applicants will receive an answer after the end of the selection process; but please note that due to the large number of expected submissions individual feedback cannot be provided.
(v) Additional information about nanoGUNE's commitment towards HR excellence in Research and Gender Equality are available on our website.
(vi) We encourage you to subscribe to our HR mailing list to receive information related to nanoGUNE's open positions and open calls for different training and talent attraction programs.