- We live in a technological world where usage of electronic devices for information technology is an integral part of everyday life. Present and future technological progress requires miniaturization of such devices, continuous improvement of their performances and decreasing of energy consumption.
- The future of our society is intimately bounded to the development of smaller, faster and cheaper technologies, which can promote the ability to read, store and manipulate data.
- QuESTech (Project ID: 766025) is a consortium of 7 leading European research laboratories and 2 high-tech companies. Supported by the European Community, QuESTech will provide a challenging, state-of-the-art training for young researchers in the general field of experimental, applied, and theoretical quantum electronics. The main scientific topics include spintronics, molecular electronics, single electronics, transport in low-dimensional structures, and quantum thermodynamics.
- We live in a constantly changing society in which information and communication are at the basis of our economy. To keep progressing is essential to investigate new feasible ways to control and manipulate information in order to develop faster, smaller and less consuming devices. Organic Spintronics has emerged as a promising field to develop low-cost, mechanically-flexible and multi-functional devices in which information is carried not only by the charge but also by the spin of electrons.
- Developing inks of novel 2D semiconducting materials for low-cost large-area fabrication processes.