Combined Master + PhD Positions
SCHOLARSHIPS for COMBINED MASTER + PHD POSITIONS
NanoGUNE offers scholarships to students to conduct both their Master thesis and their subsequent PhD thesis within one of nanoGUNE's research groups, for the purpose of acquiring both degrees in conjunction with respective Master and PhD programs at the University of the Basque Country.
- Opening: 1 February 2023
- Deadline: 26 February 2023
- Scholarships resolution will be announced: 31 March 2023
The master scholarships will be of a total amount of 350€ per month for up to 10 months*.
After completing the Master, a PhD position will be available and funded, so that the scholarship recipients can smoothly continue their research and advanced degree education as long as they and their thesis advisors are interested in such a continuation.
We are looking for highly motivated undergraduate students who are planning to continue their studies with a Master degree and are furthermore interested in pursuing a doctoral degree at our center. Candidates should have a good working knowledge of English. NanoGUNE presently has 35 PhD students, who conduct their research in our international environment. Already completed PhD theses can be found here.
Application and selection process:
- All our projects are listed below. Clic on the selected project to view the poster and the application form.
- Applicants have to fill the application form at the end of the description of the selected project and must include their CV and academic record. Including a motivation letter is recommended.
- A candidate may apply to more than one project by filling the application form for the selected project of interest.
- It is recommended to get in touch with the scientist in charge of the selected project in order to obtain more detailed information.
- Applications will be accepted until 26 February 2023.
- The selection process will start right after this deadline and the positions will be awarded on a competitive basis taking into consideration the student's academic record as well as the rest of the information provided.
*This will not be compatible with any other grant or funding awarded for the same purpose.
[This information has been updated on 30 January 2023]
- CIC01: Master project on DEPTH-RESOLVED MAGNETOMETRY USING SPECTROSCOPIC MAGNETO-OPTICAL ELLIPSOMETRY
- CIC01: Master project on IMPROVING MAGNETIC REFRIGERATION EFFICIENCY BY MEANS OF NANOSCALE MATERIALS DESIGN
- CIC02: Master project on DEVELOPMENT OF INFRARED NANOIMAGING FOR BIOMEDICAL APPLICATIONS
- CIC03: Master project on MOLECULAR ROBOTICS WITH DNA SELF-ASSEMBLED NANOSTRUCTURES
- CIC03: Master project on THE PHYSICS OF VIRUSES
- CIC05: Master project on EXPLOITING THE SPIN-ORBIT COUPLING IN SPINTRONIC NANODEVICES
- CIC05: Master project on EXPLORING DEVICES WITH VAN DER WAALS HETEROSTRUCTURES
- CIC05: Master project on MAGNETISM AND SUPERCONDUCTIVITY IN INTERCALATED 2D MATERIALS
- CIC05: Master project on RAMAN SPECTROSCOPY ON 2D MATERIALS
- CIC07: Master project on A SEARCH FOR NEW 2D EMULSION STABILIZERS
- CIC07: Master project on EFFECT OF SOLAR AND GALACTIC RADIATION IN SPACE TRAVEL
- CIC07: Master project on PREDICTING NEW METHODS OF COST-EFFECTIVE NANOMATERIAL SORTING
- CIC07: Master project on STUDY OF FLUID FLOW IN NANOCONFINED WATER
- CIC07: Master project on THEORY OF CARBON NANORIBBONS ON VARIOUS SUBSTRATES FOR QUANTUM DEVICES
- CIC10: Master project on A SPECTROSCOPIC JOURNEY TO UNRAVEL HIDDEN INFORMATION: REMOVAL OF ANTICOAGULANTS AND DETECTION OF CANCER IN HUMAN SAMPLES
- CIC10: Master project on MACHINE LEARNING FOR VIBRATIONAL SPECTROSCOPY AND IMAGE ANALYSIS TO DETECT MARKERS IN BIOLOGICAL SAMPLES
- CIC10: Master project on VIBRATIONAL SPECTROSCOPY-BASED APPROACH FOR MONITORING CAR-T THERAPY
Master in nanoscience
The Materials Physics Department of the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) and the Center of Materials Physics (CSIC-UPV/EHU), in collaboration with nanoGUNE and the Donostia International Physics Center (DIPC), offer a postgraduate program in Nanoscience.
Participants will complete a one-year program with 60 credits (ECTS) to be granted a Master degree in Nanoscience (MSc). Research with internationally renowned teams, direct contact with senior researchers, and the possibility of further study (PhD work) is offered as an integral part of the program.
Master in New Materials
The Master in New Materials is a joint master offered by several departments of the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) and the University of Cantabria (UC). It is mainly addressed to students who have completed their bachelor's degrees in physics and chemistry, and certain higher engineering degrees.