"la Caixa" Fellowships
The 'La Caixa' fellowships are some of the most attractive and complete in Europe. They are aimed at supporting the best scientific talent and fostering innovative and high-quality research in Spain and Portugal. NanoGUNE, as a research center accredited with the María de Maeztu Seal of Excellence, is a host institution for the recipients of these grants.
Therefore, we encourage outstanding early-stage and junior researchers interested in applying for a research fellowship within the "La Caixa" funding programs to contact the senior scientist of nanoGUNE's research groups to explore the possibilities of working in a research proposal.
Doctoral fellowship program INPhINIT ”la Caixa” Foundation [Call for 2022 now open]
”la Caixa” Foundation has launched the INPhINIT PhD fellowships program, aimed at hiring excellent students of all nationalities who wish to take their research to the next level at universities and research centers in Spain and Portugal.
This program is divided into two different frames:
- Doctorate INPhINIT Incoming: 35 fellowships for research in STEM disciplines in research centers accredited by the Seal of Excellence. Candidates must have resided in Spain or Portugal for less than 12 months in the last 3 years. Open until 27 January 2022.
- Doctorate INPhINIT Retaining: 30 fellowships for research in any discipline at any university or research center in Spain or Portugal. Candidates must have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain or Portugal for more than 12 months in the last 3 years. Open until 16 February 2022
The doctoral INPhINIT fellowships offer a highly competitive salary and complementary opportunities for training on transferrable skills (in annual training sessions), temporary stays in industry, incentives upon completion of the thesis, among other elements that make these fellowships some of the most attractive and complete in Europe.
NanoGUNE, as a host institution of INPhINIT, is offering 5 research projects within this call:
- Development of infrared nanoimaging for biomedical applications
- Molecular tuning of 2D materials
- Multiperiodic structures for plasmonics
- Nano-scale design of novel magnetic meta-materials
- Spin-based nanodevices with novel materials
More information: https://fundacionlacaixa.org/en/doctoral-fellowships-inphinit-call
Postdoctoral Junior Leader fellowships program [Call for 2022 closed on 7 October 2021]
Is aimed at hiring excellent researchers, of any nationality, who wish to continue their research career in Spain or Portugal in the STEM area (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
The Postdoctoral Junior Leader fellowships program is divided into two different frames:
Postdoctorate Junior Leader – Incoming: 25 postdoctoral fellowships for researchers of all nationalities. They will be offered a three-year employment contract to conduct a research project at accredited centers with the Severo Ochoa or María de Maeztu excellence award. Candidates must have resided in Spain less than 12 months in the last three years.
Postdoctorate Junior Leader – Retaining: 15 postdoctoral fellowships for researchers of all nationalities to carry out research at any university or research center. Candidates must have resided in Spain more than 12 months in the last three years.
By means of a complementary training programme, these fellowships are intended to consolidate research skills and to foster an independent scientific career as an option for the future.
As part of this complementary training, Junior Leader fellows have to pursue a mandatory secondment in a different institution to increase their transversal skills. These secondments, with a duration between 3 to 6 months, must be performed in an international or intersectorial institution.