Technician on Nanoimaging Spetialized technician
The Nanoscience Cooperative Research Center, CIC nanoGUNE, located in Donostia / San Sebastian, Basque Country (Spain), is currently looking for a
to work as
Nanoimaging Spetialized technician
NanoGUNE is a research center devoted to conducting world-class nanoscience research for a competitive growth of the Basque Country. NanoGUNE is a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance (BRTA) and is recognized by the Spanish Research Agency as a María de Maeztu Unit of Excellence.
The position is offered in the Nanoimaging Group, led by N. Pascual (email@example.com). The goal of our research is to elucidate the laws of magnetism, optics, and electronics at the scale of atoms and molecules. We use low-temperature Scanning-Probe Microscopy to study the basic quantum phenomena behind the macroscopic behaviour of matter and to manipulate their basic atomic components.
Requirements for this position are:
- Suitable technical or engineering education, for example a degree in chemical or electrical engineering, a corresponding master’s degree, or similar.
- Hands-on experience in: 3D design, equipment maintenance, parts machining and electronic component design
- Control of software programming (LabView)
- Good English communication skills for a work in a dynamic and international environment
The main activity is the maintenance of vacuum and cryogenic equipment of a scientific research group:
- Automatic control and maintenance of gas and cryogenic systems
- Machining of basic mechanical components
- Electronics, including the design and repair of electronic components
- Programming of measurement systems and / or CAD design
- Organization and logistics of the group's activities, as well as the request for budgets and making purchases.
We promote teamwork in a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome all kinds of applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
The position is expected to start in 01/11/2021 and for a total length of up to 12 months (01/11/2021 - 31/10/2022) in the Nanoimaging Group.
Candidates should apply by completing the form of the following link:
The deadline for applications is 15/10/2021.
(i) All applicants will receive an answer after the end of the selection process; but please note that due to the large number of submissions that are expected, we cannot provide individual feedback.
(ii) Additional information about nanoGUNE's commitment towards HR excellence in Research and Gender Equality are available on our website.
(iii) We encourage you to subscribe to our HR mailing list to receive information related to nanoGUNE's open positions and open calls for different training and talent attraction programs.