Dual-beam FIB/SEM - FEI Helios Nanolab / FEI Helios 450S
Focused Ion Beam (FIB) and Focused electron/ion beam induced deposition (FE(I)BID), system used for surface patterning and complex structures fabrication.
What we can offer (with the system):
High resolution SEM imaging.
Focused Ion Beam and Focused electron beam induced deposition (FE(I)BID) of W, Au, Co, Pt and SiOx.
Surface patterning by FIB with a minimum feature size of 10 nm (processing areas below mm2).
Complex structures fabrication (including 3D structure).
Sample preparation for transmission electron microscopy (TEM).
3D characterization of the structure with FIB Nano tomography. Imaging of large areas up to cm2
Micro and nano structure fabrication
Possibility to fabricate:
Etching or deposition of different structures: high resolution nanopatterns, direct fabrication of photonic crystals, micro/nanopillars arrays, fabrication of modification/tuning of AFM cantilevers, sharp probes for SNOM, diffractive optical elements, micro/nano labelling, conductive bridges between contacts…
Micro and nano structures and devices on different substrates (glass, silicon, CaF2)
Customized structured calibration and reference samples (microscopy, metrology).
Topographically changed surfaces with advanced properties (optical, mechanical, adhesion, friction).
Interesting for (with the system):
Material science, microelectronics and semiconductors, automotive, laboratory test facilities, microscopy laboratories, machine tool manufacturers, iron and steel industry, energy storage and solar energy materials industry, objects of cultural heritage examination, energy and petrochemical companies.
- High tension electron column 50 V - 30 kV
- High tension Ga-column 0.5 kV – 30 kV
- Electron column resolution 0.5 nm at 15 kV and 0.8 nm at 1 kV (STEM)
- FIB milling resolution 10 nm at 30 kV
- GIS percursor for FE(I)BID: platinum, silicon oxide, gold, tungsten, cobalt
- Nanomanipulator with microgripper (Kleindiek)
- LN2 cooling stage (CryoMat )
- EDX silicon drift detectors for elemental analysis (EDAX)
- Detectors: ETD SE, True in-Lens Detector (TLD), STEM II detector, High performance Ion Conversion and Electron (ICE), Concentric Back Scatter (CBS) detector
- iFast software for advanced Dual Beam automation in order to automate the imaging and nanofabrication
- MAPSTM for automatic acquisition of extra large images with high resolution
- AutoSlice&ViewTM software for 3D imaging by sequential sectioning of the sample